This course is a two-day immersive experience designed for individuals and groups who wish to increase skill level and proficiency through a mental and physically demanding experience.
The advanced land navigation course is designed for someone who is already proficient in basic navigational and map reading skills.
This course will provide advanced skills including:
- Plot and plan routes to a given set of coordinates
- Determine alternative routes
- Selecting and executing the best route
- Techniques to account for declination world-wide
- Low light and nighttime navigational exercises
- Self-rescue when becoming lost
The course is designed for mature learners. It is mandatory that students are at least 14 years of age and have completed a basic map reading and compass navigation course.
- Hiking style clothing and a small backpack
- Weather appropriate clothing and shelter
- Sturdy hiking style boots or shoes
- Water and snacks
- Notebook and writing instrument
- Private and group classes can be set up to meet individual or group needs. Please contact us for details.
***Participants must be physically prepared to walk several miles of wooded forest
***Maps and Compass provided.