Business Consulting & Training Services
Drumm Emergency Solutions is committed to providing you and your team up to date and state of the art consulting, training and emergency kit solutions to best prepare for all manor of emergencies.
Our consulting services are cost effective and can help you identify a specific solution that best fits the needs of your business, school or place of worship. We understand that constraints on time and money are major issues today and we will work with you to find a highly effective solution that will fit your schedule and budget.
For more information about what Drumm Emergency Solutions can do to help you train and equip your team, please contact us using the form at the bottom of this page for a free initial evaluation.
Critical Incident Training
CRITICAL INCIDENT RESPONSE FOR SUPERVISORS AND MANAGERS
This 32 hour course is designed to help the Field Supervisor prepare for and manage major tactical events. Our goal is to prepare the new or returning Supervisor to be an effective leader at a Major Call or Critical Incident and to give the experienced Field Supervisor a solid refresher course on response to these Critical Incidents. This course is designed to provide a comprehensive review of current field practices, with an emphasis on the use of a four-step Critical Incident Response Plan that will be developed in class. The student will participate in case studies and tabletop classroom exercises.
TOPICS COVERED WILL INCLUDE:
- Role of the Field Leader
- Department Initiated v. Suspect Initiated Events
- Common Points to all Critical Incidents
- Active Shooter Incidents, Violent Intruder, Barricades, etc.
- Advantages of the Suspect v. Responding Officers
- Mutual Aid Issues
- Evacuation v. Rescue
- Role of the Fire Department
- The Law Enforcement Role in a Mass Casualty Incident
- Crisis Media Relations
- Establishment of a Critical Incident Response Plan
- Development of a Critical Incident Checklist
- Terrorism Issues
- Less than Lethal Devices and Deployment Tactics
- High-rise Building Tactics
- SEMS/NIMS and the Law Enforcement Incident Command
Active Shooter Training
Schedule a customized three-hour course for your organization that is specifically designed to train civilians how to respond to active shooters situations. In many cases, there is no pattern or method to the selection of victims by an active shooter; these situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly. Drumm Emergency Solutions offers training to better prepare civilians to deal with an active shooter situation by raising awareness of pre-incident indicators and characteristics of active shooters. Attendees will be presented with case studies, training videos and a presentation. Attendees will leave with knowledge and practical skills to better prepare and respond to active shooter scenarios. Attendees may participate in a hands-on drill at the end of the presentation that will incorporate the tactics learned during the training session. Date, time and location of course to be coordinated with course organizers.
- Program development
- RUN, HIDE, FIGHT
- Recovery should an event occur
- “Stop the Bleed” campaign
- Hartford Consensus Report
- Vulnerability assessments
- Concept of layering your facility
Bleeding Control Training
See Something, Do Something!
No matter how rapidly emergency responders arrive, bystanders will always be the first on the scene. A person who is bleeding can die from blood loss within five minutes; therefore, it is important to quickly stop the blood loss. Bleeding Control for the Injured (B-Con) teaches participants the basic life-saving medical interventions, including bleeding control with a tourniquet, bleeding control with gauze packs or topical hemostatic agents, and opening an airway to allow a casualty to breathe.
This class will give you the necessary training to provide on-scene emergency hemorrhage control care for if you are critically wounded or to help others you may come into contact who have an immediate life-threatening bleeding injury. In most emergency situations, fire, EMS and medical staff will NOT enter an area that is unsafe. They are not trained or equipped to provide medical care during an ongoing dangerous situation. For the seriously injured this can mean a life-threatening time delay before extrication to a safe area for medical treatment. The purpose of this course is to give civilian employees the knowledge, skill, and confidence necessary to render emergency hemorrhage control care to themselves or the life of another until medical services arrive.
- Explain the rationale for early use of a tourniquet for life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage
- Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze)
- Performance (behavior skills) and scenario participation
- Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg
- Describe appropriate airway control techniques and devices
- Define the transfer of care to EMS workers